A great lesson plan on Firefox Personas, using Moodle originally, reformatted for the Web. Originally from Brad Cook, Graphics teacher at Gresham High School.
All you need to do is create two graphics files in your favorite graphics editing program (e.g., Photoshop). To get started read more about how to create a Persona.
Save final copies (PNG or JPG) – but be sure to check to ensure they don’t exceed 300k in filesize!. (Note: This will only test your Persona on the platform you are currently using)
Uploading New Personas.
You will need to create an account with Personas. Follow the directions in the site. click here
Frequently Ask Questions:
- What are Personas?
- Personas are lightweight “skins” that change the look of your Firefox web browser. You can easily switch between Personas with just a few clicks. There are hundreds of Personas to choose from, with more added every day. You can even create your own and share it with others.
- How do I add Personas to my Firefox?
- In less than 60 seconds, you can install a Persona and transform the look of your Firefox web browser. Visit GetPersonas.com and click the download button. After installation, you will be asked to restart Firefox.
If you want to see how it works, you can watch a quick video demonstration here.
Once Personas are installed, you’ll be able to choose and change your selected Persona any time simply by clicking on the little fox mask in the lower left-hand corner of your browser window.
- How can I add or change my current Persona?
- There are two easy ways to change your Persona:
- Visit the Personas website at GetPersonas.com, check out the gallery, choose your favorite Persona, and click on your choice to instantly change the look of your browser.
- Click on the little fox mask in the lower left hand corner of your browser, then select a Persona that suits your style.
PROJECT DURATION 3 hrs
Demo on Firefox Personas header and footer
The footer image is displayed as the background of the bottom of the browser window, behind the status and find bars.
The footer image should be PNG or JPG, 3000 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall and no larger than 300kb in filesize.
Image Overlays/Backgrounds will need to extend into the
white portion of the document